Entry to Lithuania without visa (up to 90 days)
- Visa free entry depends on the citizenship of the applicant.
- Countries who’s citizens do not require visas for travel to the Republic of Lithuania
Exclusions of visa regime
- An alien, to whom a visa-free regime applies, has a right to enter the Republic of Lithuania and stay in the Republic of Lithuania without a visa, for a period not exceeding 90 days in any period of 180 days;
- An alien who owns a Residence card of a family member of Union citizen issued by one of European Union Member States, may arrive to the Republic of Lithuania without a visa and stay for a period not exceeding 90 days in any period of 180 days;
- An alien who is not a citizen of the European Union, but owns a residence permit issued by another Schengen state, has a right to enter the Republic of Lithuania during the validity period of residence permit and stay in there for a period not exceeding 90 days in any period of 180 days;
- Members of the crews of sea vessels entering via sea ports of the Republic of Lithuania, also sailors, who entered the ship during the validity period of visa, and the ones who are included in the list of a ship crew, are allowed to come to the shore of the Republic of Lithuania without visa and stay in the territory of municipality, where their ship entered, but for a period not exceeding 3 months.
Important information for U.S. citizens traveling to Lithuania
A citizen of the United States of America may visit Lithuania or any other country of Schengen area, without requiring a visa. As a general rule, U.S. citizen is allowed to stay in the Schengen area for the maximum period of 90 days within 180-day period starting from the date of first entry.
|U.S. passport must be valid for at least three months beyond your period of stay after departure from Lithuania or any another Schengen area country and must have been issued within the last ten years.|
All foreigners from non-European Union countries seeking entry to Lithuania must carry a proof of a medical insurance policy contracted for payment of all the costs of hospitalization and medical treatment in Lithuania and proof of sufficient financial resources to support themselfs during their stay.