- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
Minister Linkevičius meets with representatives of Heritage Foundation
On 10 July, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with economic experts of the Heritage Foundation, which is the U.S. research and educational institution, the former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Terry Miller, and the Editor of the Index of Economic Freedom Anthony Kim.
Linkevičius drew attention to accumulating results of the Lithuania-U.S. investment, trade cooperation, emphasizing that the U.S. companies operating in Lithuania could feel safe and develop their activities successfully. The country's safe and secure environment is ensured by our membership of the EU, NATO and the OECD, as well as by Lithuania‘s active multilateral cooperation in the Nordic-Baltic Eight (NB8) format. "Lithuania values the importance of transatlantic ties for our national and economic security. It is also a great place for the U.S. to invest," said Linkevičius.
Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister also drew attention to the negative impact of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline on energy security of the European Union and presented Lithuania's cooperation with the United States for importing liquefied natural gas.
The representatives of the Heritage Foundation conveyed an invitation to the Lithuanian Foreign Minister to visit the U.S. research institution. On 9 July, they also participated in an international conference "Can we do more to boost Lithuania's competitiveness?", which was organized by the Ministry of Economy of Lithuania and the Lithuanian Free Market Institute.